background

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

on to the Evangelists‏ (week11)

So yesterday we went to an evangelical church. It was pretty good, they stood and sang for a long time, a lady shared a "testimony" (it was more like a story) about being a mother. Then a guy read this handout thing which was very very similar to the family a proclamation to the world and then went over the roles of husbands and wives. Then we sang a ton more, than they had a barbeque, but we were fasting so we just left early. Overall it was pretty good!
The lady who invited us came with us to sacrament meeting which was our fast and testimony meeting as well. 
She said it was pretty interesting and then asked me if it was like that all the time, I told her we have a meeting like that once a month but the sacrament we take each week. Something that people do down here is called the Lords supper, which is like the sacrament, but they only do like once a month. She had some more questions but we had to take off to teach gospel principles class. I told her we would love to come by and explain a little bit more if she would like us to, and she invited us over for dinner on friday!! :) Being fed by an investigator, boo yeah! 
ANY WHO, by the end of my mission I will know SOOOO much about other religions! I will be able to ace any religion course! :)
Oh we were running low on miles this month so to save miles we have been walking quite a bit! One day we walked about 7 miles and my feet felt deflated for the rest of the week. Luckily a new month is coming up and we can use our car more. I have never been as appreciative of a car as I am now. I also realized how we can visit SOOO many more people when we can drive to them instead of walking, cars save so much time.
The Relief Society Broadcast was amazing!! we even had a lady in our ward invite a friend who she thinks would really love to be a member of the church so hopefully we can have a lesson with their family this week and have them watch conference this weekend. If you can count on anyone to help people become converted it's the prophet and apostles! It was really interesting how frequently keeping our covenants came up. 

So here is a really cool story for this week...
There is a lady in our ward who we LOVE! She has been having some struggles recently and on Sunday was really stressed out. She could hardly sleep and was in her room crying her eyes out and praying to Heavenly Father. She said that she needed help and he needed to send someone or she wouldn't go to church.
Meanwhile me and my companion were on our way to the Evangelical church (which was on the other side of town) when my companion decides that we really need to go see this member, and I agree.
We knocked on her door and told her that she better let us in. Her young son finally after a few minutes let us in. We walked upstairs and talked to her and talked her out of going to work and made sure that she came to church. 
When we left she texted us what she had been doing not even 5 minutes before.  
It was so neat to know that she really needed us at that moment in time and the Lord sent the impression to my companion to go see her. 
THERE ARE MIRACLES EVERYDAY!
well the trinity is still frustrating me!
How could God and Jesus be the same? 
Why would God say this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased at the baptism of Jesus if they were really the same person?
And who exactly would Jesus be praying to in the garden of Gethsemane? 
GAAHHH!
Mans philosophies.

So now for a funny story.
Last night we were teaching an investigator, he is the one who's girlfriend was less active but is now really active. Any way they have a 7 yr old and 6 yr old girls. We were looking at a picture of the Salt Lake temple and we asked her what she knew about temples. She replied...
"Well all I know is that George Washington is on the top and he's gold." 
BA HA HA
my companion replied,
"yeah, George Washington, angel moroni, same thing."
That little girl is my favorite!
Fall is on its way... for everyone who doesn't live in Florida. For everyone here it's still as green as ever, very warm too. It going to be 14 month of never ending summer... I'm not sure how I feel about this exactly, but I'm pretty sure I don't like it.
Halloween is going to be here before I know it, and then it will be gone.

I think I might go as a missionary this year, or my companion, not sure which one yet :)

I WOULD REALLY LOVE FOR YOU ALL TO SEND ME PICTURES, E-MAILS AND REAL ONES!
 
Especially the Family pictures!!
Well I hope everyone prepares some questions to be answered at conference this upcoming weekend! 
I'm so excited to hear from our prophet! :)
Well off I go to baptize most of Gainesville! 
Have a great week!
Love Ya'll!
Love,
Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment