background

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

We've got a DATE with our GATOR!!

So I picked up my trainee on Wednesday and by that night I already knew she was a good luck charm. We found two potentials that night and then went to the B.O.M. class. After we met with the Bishop and received blessings, then the Bishop told us that there was a lady who had her name removed from the church a number of years ago, but had gotten ahold of the old bishop of our ward and said that she wanted to be apart of the church again. This means that she needs to be taught all the lessons and re-baptized!!! :) So we met her on Sunday and we are having our first lesson with her tomorrow probably! She will be baptized in two weeks. I know that the Lord will bless us when we work hard, even if it's not the way we are expecting him to.

My new companions name is sister Blatter, but the a is pronounced as a long a, more like an o. 
It was funny though when we were getting our new companions. The President said that Sister Atkinson (my old companion) would be training sister Chamberlain... I laughed so hard, and then when I saw she had red hair my laughter increased ten fold. Then it the took off and the President began to announce the next companionship, and realized that he had messed up on the last one. He said oh no, she just trained sister chambers, she is not training sister chamberlain, she is training sister... (I forgot...opps!)

Any who we got that mess all figured out. Then he was announcing others and he said that one sister was training sister Blotter with an o, so then I thought (out loud) "does that mean there is a sister Blatter with an a? wouldn't that make it BLATTER? and guess what, I'm training her! :)

She is great. She just turned 19 and just graduated high school. She is pretty funny and we get along just grand!
I can't wait to see all the miracles that happen during our companionship.

Also there is another set of sister missionaries in my ward. Making 3 sets of missionaries. We have had to split up the areas so now we are getting used to the new area. It is kind of hard to give up some investigators and less actives that I have been working with for so long but I know that the Lord has a plan for them and that these lovely sisters will help them come closer to our savior! :)

Well last night we had a musical fireside and I performed( How can I keep from singing). It was a great night. A few people in the ward had friends with them who were not of our faith and hopefully they will want to know more soon. I think because it went so well we will be having a stake musical fireside sometime soon!

We do need to find some new investigators in our new area so we will be doing a lot of tracting and searching and I know that we will find those whom the Lord has prepared!! :)

Being a trainer is hard because you basically have to do all the planning, and I am no bueno at planning but I know that if we bring our weaknesses before the Lord he will help us to make them our strengths, so hopefully I will be a better planner soon!

OOOHHHH
On Saturday there was an article in the Newspapers about some missionaries in our area! The article was front page and went on to a whole other page! It was the most read and the most shared article this weekend! HOPEFULLY more people will come to us and ask us more about the gospel, that would just be wonderful!! 


I know that the Lord is preparing these people here, just in the past 3 months I have seen some major changes in the peoples attitudes. GOD is GOOD!

Love Ya'll!
Hope Ya'll have the most wonderful and splendid week ever!! 

Love,
Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment