background

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My "in a body" adventure...

I have recently been thinking about How we are all spiritual Sons and Daughters of our Heavenly Father. I don't know why, but the thought has come to me that we are spirits, actual spirits. Now you may think I have gone nuts and fallen out of the loony bin, but let me explain some more. We are spirits inside bodies, not bodies with spirits inside.

We existed as spirits before our bodies were created and given to us. Our spirits were divinely appointed to the bodies in which they reside now.

We often feel "the spirit" or the Holy Ghost and sometimes this is a hard feeling to explain to others.
It has been described as...
a burning in the bosom,
a quite peaceful feeling,
something bigger then the individual.

It is so hard for us to actually describe this feeling because it is a spiritual feeling. It's not a physical feeling, but rather The Spirit communicating with our spirit one on one.

We may not remember what actually happened in the pre-mortal existence  but I'm learning that this life is not the beginning but rather a continuation of what has already happened. I was given a body at this time, in this world for a reason. This is my "in a body" experience. (It's kind of like an out of body experience but the opposite!)

I get to learn many things, experience many things, and I get to grow. Everyday I can find one thing to be thankful for, my body. Remember that not everyone was given the blessing of having one, and we need to treat ours the way Heavenly Father would want us to. Consider it a loaner, Heavenly Father has given it to you for this amount of time. If you prove you are worthy of it he will give it to you forever, and not only that but he will give you an upgrade!

I know this post may seem different and random, but hey so is life!

I hope your "in a body" adventure is just absolutely wonderful!

Love,
Afton Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment