background

Monday, August 19, 2013

We are all Sinners (week 6)

So this lovely title comes from my companion... We were at the doorstep of one of the members neighbors. He was an older hispanic man and told us that he didn't know if he could go to our church on Sunday, that him and his wife were seniors and so they had to plan everything out. 
My companion thought he said sinners so she said oh it's ok, we are sinners too. Luckily he didn't understand what she said and I just picked up the conversation.
Apparently that day was just an off day... We were at a potential investigators house and three young children answered the door. Then an older man came and answered the door. I asked him if the three where his grandchildren... to which he replied no these are my children... GAH! (Insert foot in mouth) Good thing he didn't take it too personal!

We were teaching a lesson on a doorstep to a minister and we asked if we could leave her with a word of prayer. She said of course and axed me (people say that a ton down here and I am always nervous that there are mass murders going around) to offer the prayer. I began praying like normal, then to my utter surprise she was interrupting me and saying "yes Lord Jesus, Thank you Lord Jesus, AMEN Lord Jesus..." I was so startled! I was caught off guard and just tried my best to keep praying. Any who we left her with a B.O.M. and told her that it would help her understand the teachings of Jesus even more. We went back the next day and she told us it was not the bible... NO DUH, But I'm a missionary so I just politely told her two scriptures that she could compare and we are going back tomorrow to see how it went :) 

So hope you have some laughs from our misfortunes, because we sure do!!

This week I am grateful for back-up plans! So many people  cancelled their appointments with us, but we were still able to keep busy!

We are trying to get the members more excited to do missionary work, seeing as they are really more effective than us anyway. Some are dragging their feet, while others are planning wonderful things. This Friday we are going to a ladies home where she is hosting a concert for a less active member and inviting non-members to come. My companion keeps telling her I sing, she thinks it would be good if I sang a hymn or something, I'm not really sure if I am up to it, but guess we will see what happens. 

This week I have really experienced a RAINSTORM!!! In seconds you are drenched! Luckily people take pity on you and invite you under their garage or something, the perfect opportunity to get to know them a little bit and share the gospel!

Well my mind is going blank so I guess that is all for today! 
I hope that as all of you get back into the swing of school you can feel your Heavenly Father Strengthening you! 
I love you all!
Have a wonderful and splendid week!
Love,
Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment