background

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Now Christmas can begin!!

Merry Christmas to all my family and friends!

I Love being a missionary here in Gainsville!                          

 Mom and Dad sent me snow on Saturday, so now it can finally be Christmas.  Sister Blatter and I listen to Christmas music nothing like Christmas music to get you into the spirit. It still is weird that it's Christmas time.
But any way...

I got the packages!! :) I love the 12 days of Christmas, and I especially love all the pictures on them. It has only been 5 months but everyone looks so much older... :/
I opened up the ten hugs and kisses today. They sent pictures of them hugging and kissing each other. I thought it was a super cute idea!! :)
I have used everything I have opened up so far! :) I have even been good and have not opened up the wrapped presents. Though I showed my companion my really good guessing skills.
After I proved I could tell what was in a wrapped package she told me I was not allowed to touch her presents.

We have been sharing some of the treats with the other sisters that are close by. People just keep giving us treats. I'm going to get fat!!
!
THANKS FOR THE SNOW!!! :)
I made some up on saturday night then put it in the freezer. Then on Sunday morning I took it to our ward mission meeting. There is an RM who just got home from chile and he was just shocked.
He kept asking, how did your parents send you snow!!?!? It was hilarious.I even took it over to the bishops house that evening and stumped all of them as well. They think it's so neat.
Now it can be Christmas, I have snow. 

p.s. how did you know what outfit I was wearing when I got the package?? :)

This week we found 4 new investigators! :)
On Monday night we were walking around an apartment complex and met 3 13 yr. old boys. We talked to them about how they can get rid of the feelings that sin brings into their lives, and they were really excited about that. We taught them to pray and challenged them to pray every night this week. We went back last night to have another lesson. Only one of them was able to meet, but his sister listened in on the lesson too! He said he only missed two days and one of them was because he fell asleep praying. He said that when he woke up at 4 he prayed and then went back to sleep.
His sister was shocked that he had been praying every night. She said that this past week he has changed. That he has become nicer and kinder. Just because of praying!! :)
She continued to tell us that he has anger problems and usually has to take medicine for it, but this week he didn't need the medicine! :)

We might get two new gators tonight! We have two referrals we are going to contact, maybe their hearts will be softened  because of the Christmas season and will want to learn more!

We have had the opportunity to take advantage of the Christmas season and have gone caroling. It was really fun and you could just watch as peoples hearts would soften a little by the Christmas music. 

We are even going caroling for christmas eve and probably a bit on Christmas too! :)
I am so excited!!

Well not much more to report on.
Just had an interview with the president. He is wonderful. I had a question that I was praying about and couldn't seem to get an answer to, so I asked Heavenly Father to tell president what the answer was. I told President my question and he knew the exact answer!! Heavenly Father does hear and answers prayers!!
Our president is so wonderful, he works so hard to help each one of us and I am so grateful for that!

Well I hope ya'll are having the best Christmas week ever!
Love ya soo much!
Love,
Sister Chambers





No comments:

Post a Comment