background

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

TRANSFERS!!!!

I'M LEAVING GAINESVILLE!!! 
I am moving to the Mandrin 2nd ward tomorrow morning at 10!
My companion will be sister Toledo (Holy Toledo!)
She is bilingual and speaks spanish fluently, so I will probably be picking up some spanish here.
I love sister Blatter, and I am sad to leave her, I will miss her sweet spirit but I know this is the Lords will and his way! 
I'm going like right for the heart of Jax!
It has been hard to say good bye to the people here because I love them so much, but this will be so exciting.
Yesterday I spent the day going to less actives, potential investigators, and investigators homes to tell them I was leaving and bare them my testimony one last time.
MAN, I have learned so much in these past 6 months here.
I have learned a ton about other religions and I really have learned that EVERYONE is looking to come closer to Christ, whether they know it or not.
When we are built upon christ everything else just works out. There are no needs to worry about!!
Most importantly I have learned that our church really is Jesus Christ's church restored upon this earth. It is run the way he would have it run, the people may not be perfect, but the gospel is.
I have learned so much about how we can return to live with our Heavenly Father.

My trainer taught me an awesome analogy about the gospel.
She said that when Jesus Christ came to the Earth and established the gospel, it was like a mirror. It was held up by one nail and 12 pieces of tape (the apostles). Then when he was crucified the nail was removed, and slowly the 12 pieces of tape where removed as people rejected the apostles. 
So with nothing to hold the mirror up it fell to the ground and shattered into pieces. People went and tried to put everything back together. Some picked up some pieces, while leaving others, and others picked up some as well. BUT even if one where to pick up all the pieces of the mirror they would not be able to really use it. You see mirrors are not all that easy to put back together. You can't just glue them, there will be cracks everywhere.
So this is why there HAD to be a restoration, not just a reformation. :) 
Joseph Smith was given the Power to restore the church to its fullness, he translated the Book of Mormon that has plain and simple principles, principles that make up the gospel of Jesus Christ.
That we need to have faith (or follow all instructions through hope)
Repent,
be baptized by immersion,
receive the gift of the Holy Ghost,
and continually endure to the end.

Our savior wants to help us with everything. I have heard the analogy that is is like the life guard. Though when we are sinking, he throws out the life preserver, but it is still up to use to grab hold of is and USE IT! The atonement is always there for us to turn to and use. 
The enabling  power is such a wonderful thing that can always help us in any circumstances. 


Any who, this year our bishop challenged the ward to read the book of mormon in 6 months!!! I extend that challenge to all of ya'll! Read it in 6 months and then we can talk about it over our mothers day Skype call. I know that as you read the book of mormon you will increase in Faith, knowledge and you will gain clarity in your life. This is what I am teaching people here, and I know it is true. We NEED to feast upon the words of Christ continually so that we can do the will of our savior. 

Well as for Gainesville this week was pretty good. We found some new investigators for sister Blatter and sister Grundberg. 
Still have 3 baptism dates, one for jan 25 and two for feb.8

Oh Also I got to hold two baby goats yesterday!!! :) We didn't bring the camera so maybe next week sister blatter can e-mail me the pictures and then I can forward them to ya'll!!! :)

I love ya'll so much and I hope that everything is good in your neck of the woods, the frozen woods!
Ha we have freeze warnings here. People are putting blankets on their plants and schools have even closed down because its cold. HA HA HA I think it's pretty funny, though I probably will go and buy myself a coat soon, it is too cold for just light sweaters, who knew I would need a coat in Florida?

This new year will be great! I'm grateful for last year, and ready to learn even more this year!
Thank you for all your prayers and all that you do back home.
I love ya'll,
and miss ya'll!!
Love,
Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment