background

Monday, March 10, 2014

The bilingual baptism!

We are getting so excited for our bilingual baptism this up coming
saturday!!! :)
Nicol, our investigator, said something so wonderful to us on
saturday. She said that she was so happy that her grandparents were
able to go to church, because if they didn't walk the 4 miles to
church (the first sunday we were in the ward) then they would not have
met us, and if they didn't meet us they wouldn't know us, and if they
didn't know us then they wouldn't have learned about the gospel, and
if they didn't learn about the gospel then they would be getting
baptized, and if they were not baptized then they wouldn't be with
God.
Wow! She is so amazing!! :) She is only 14 yrs old, yet she knows so
many wonderful things.
Her brother is a hoot as well...
Here is some of the things he has said...
(in spanish) when I get into college I'm going to tell all the
girls... (in english) I like your shoes. (in spanish) then they will
all go oooh =)
He also asked us if there were going to be alligators in the baptism font.
He is sad that he has to take off his necklace for his baptism because
he recently reached his year mark of wearing it.
Oh goodness I love working with the youth!
I realized that most of my mission I have spent my sundays in youth
classes and young womens.
In Gainesville our investigator Emma was 14 so we went with her, and
now we (sister Toledo) has to translate for mike and Nicol so we spend
our time in the youth class and young womens. It's fun, I really like
it!
We also got 2 new investigators this week!
One's name is Betsy. She was found by the YSA sisters, and has been
working with the other sisters in our ward for a little while now.
Unfortunately she got really offended yesterday in church by one of
the sisters and does not want to meet with them any more.
What happened is that one sister was currently busy talking to another
investigator when she came up and wanted all of her attention, and
didn't get it. Its tough being a missionary sometimes when people are
so soft hearted.
It really upset the other sister missionary.
Our other new investigators name is Donald.
So here is a cool story...
Sunday night we were at dinner with a member when we got a call from
the assistants to the president. Once we got out of the dinner we
called them back and found out that there was a man who had just
attended a baptism at the church, and he lived in our area. All the
info they had was his name, the street he lived on, and that he was
wearing a red coat.
So off we went. We ran to the church to see if he was still there, to
no avail. Then we decided to start knocking the doors on the street he
lived on. Luckily with some guidance he lived at the third house we
knocked on. BUT, he was not there. The people who answered the door
were very confused about how we knew him and why we were asking for
him. We told them that we were told to go visit him. The man was
obviously upset and it became apparent to me that Donald was MISSING.
The man as about to slam the door in my face when I told him that I
may have some information that may help him find him. That he was at
our building about an hour ago, and couldn't be too far if he was
traveling on foot. We got the mans number to contact him if we found
Donald and he left in his car and we left in ours. The man zoomed
ahead of us and was in such a hurry to get to the building that he
missed the older man walking on the side of the road in a red jacket.
Sister Toledo pointed him out to me and we parked the car lickedy
split. We walked to him, found out that it was in deed Donald and that
he was lost. That he didn't know where he was or how he was going to
make it back home. We got the gps from the car and put in his address
and walked him home.
He said that he liked it in our church and he felt good there. He also
said that he liked being with us and it made him feel good.
It was so touching to see him tear up as he told us some of the
troubles that he is currently facing and also how he knew God loved
him because he sent us to help him out in a time of need.  He even
said that he would like to be baptized himself! How exciting.
I'm so grateful to have been apart of such a miracle. The family was
so grateful that we were able to find him and bring him home safely. I
am mostly happy that he made it back to sleep in his own bed.
We plan on seeing him tomorrow night, and he is planning on being
baptized on April 12!


So ya know how I am so into service right now? yeah well this week it
finally warmed up enough to do some gardening! We helped out a lady on
saturday and guess what! I got a SUNBURN. Its actually like my first
real sunburn of my mission so I am not complaining much, but it still
is a little sore and looks funny because my tshirt sleeves were longer
then my sleeves of all my cute shirts. Hopefully it just fades soon.

Well I heard that Brother Jenkins made it to the home on Saturday!
Glad to hear it, unfortunately his wife told me my family was not in a
picture taking mood... :( they were going to e-mail them straight to
me... oh well. My companions family looked happy.

Well This week already looks like a busy busy week, finalizing baptism
fun and getting to know two new investigators better!

I hope all of you have a great week this week!
Don't forget to keep this little old missionary in your prayers! :)

I love ya!

Love,
Sister Chambers
Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment