background

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Bilingual Baptism Part Dos !!!



Dear Family and Friends
Hooray Mike and Nicol are officially members of the Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-day Saints.
They were baptized on Saturday Morning and received the Gift of the
Holy Ghost on Sunday.

We put a ton of work and effort into the baptismal program and it went
splendidly.
First sister Jenkins gave a talk on baptism and the spanish Elders translated.
Then they were baptized.
Then the spanish Elders taught the restoration in english and spanish
while mike and nicol got ready.
Then Nicol bore her testimony in English, which we have been helping
her all week to put together.
Following that two youth from our ward, one that friended nicol and
one that friended mike bore their testimonies in Spanish for mike and
nicol.
Following that was sister Toledo and I's time to shine.
We gave a talk on the Holy Ghost, and I thought it went quiet well.
Following us there were many welcomings to the ward, and we concluded
with the song how great thou art.

Unfortunately the pictures of us and them ended up pretty not great,
but oh well, better then nothing! :)

Any who it has been a real miracle to work with these youth!!

My testimony about God's timing has really increased.

The Jimenez family moved to America about 6 months ago. They were
unable to locate the church building until Jan. 12 2014, which they
walked 7 miles to attend church.
Not only that but Jan. 12 2014 happened to be mine and sister Toledos
first Sunday in this ward.
Coincidence, I think not.

I know we were supposed to be here exactly when we were.

Sister Jenkins sent us a text yesterday that was very applicable to
this situation.
She was studying Bishop Causses talk from priesthood last October and
this is what it says...
The gathering of his elect from the four corners of the earth is
taking place not only by sending missionaries to faraway countries,
but also with the arrival of people from other areas into our own
cities and neighborhoods. Many, without knowing it, are being led by
The Lord to places where they can hear the gospel and come into His
fold. "It is very likely that the next person converted to the gospel
in your ward will be someone who does not come from your usual circle
of friends and acquaintances. You may note this by his or her
appearance, language, manner of dress, or color of skin. This person
may have grown up in another religion, with a different background or
a different lifestyle" (Ye are no more strangers)

All I could say was wow.

I am so blessed to be apart of this.

But guess what!
Another one of my investigators was baptized this week!
Emma from back in Gainesville was baptized on Wednesday. After working
with her for six months I was so glad to finally see that picture of
her all dressed in white! I love her.

Goodness, God is Good.

So besides all that crazy this week has been productive and fruitful.
We met another Columbian.Crazy. Guess I really am supposed to learn
spanish, Heavenly Father keeps putting these people in our path. She
is from the same city as our recent converts so we hope to get them
involved in teaching her. She has already began reading the Book of
Mormon and said we could come back on Friday.

The other sisters handed off an investigator to us because of rare
circumstances...

We found Donald, I think I told ya'll about him last week.
WELLLLL.... Donald came to church on Sunday. We were talking before
church started, and Donald became very persistent about me and him
getting married.
YUP MARRIED.
I told him I was too young, so he asked how old I was.
I responded with...21.
He said no that is not too young.
You can have me, I'm sure your Bishop could marry us.

Uh.. I looked around for someone to save me, but I was on my own. I
quickly excused myself and asked for the Elders to sit next to him.
Now the Elders are teaching Donald.

I just don't think that 64 yr old men are my type. Sorry Donald, I'm a
Missionary.

Another funny moment from this week was when sister Toledo told me she
thought your bosom was your bum.

Then I asked her... Well what did you think a burning in the bosom
was? A burning in the bum? If we felt it that way people might be
hopping up out of their seats at church.

Ha ha it brought us a good laugh.

Oh something else that is pretty neat happened this week.
A potential investigator invited us to a neighborhood bbq. That meant
we got to meet all the neighbors without knocking on their doors. Also
we have a return appointment tonight with one of them, and another is
headed to a party with us! Miracle!

And another miracle was when a member invited us over to his house to
teach his friend. That doesn't happen as often as we would like it to,
but the lesson went well and the friend committed to reading the Book
of Mormon and Praying about it. :)

Any who, this week I have been so busy. So busy that we have had to
eat meals on the run, so busy that I sleep sooooo good at night. I'm
always tired, but in the best possible way to be tired.

I have seen Gods hand in my life this week in a very big way, but I
know that he is apart of the small details. Ya know by the small and
simple things are great things brought to pass.... ya, it's true.


Well guess I should share with all of ya'll how my spanish is coming along....

Yo se que Dio es nuestro Padre Celestial,
Yo se que el Evangelio De Jesuchristo is verdadero,
Yo se que el libro de mormon es correcto,
yo se que Thomas S. Monson es un profeta de dios.
En El Nombre de JesuChristo, Amen.

I hope that you have a great St. Patricks day!!
and  Great week!!

Love,
Sister Chambers



No comments:

Post a Comment