background

Monday, April 14, 2014

Sharing is Caring

So it has been pretty interesting sharing our car this week... They
have to pick us up and drop us off... and the other sisters don't know
where anything is so basically I just feel like a chaffer. But in a
good way. I love being able to serve them and  help them learn the
area.
So there area is further away then ours so.... looks like we will be
looking into bikes today and seeing if any members could loan us some
bikes.... I think I'll have the best looking legs by the time I go
home.

We are really looking hard for new investigators to teach... which
means a ton of knocking on doors. But Sister Shumway (my new comp.) is
a champ! The first golden hour we had we were able to find a
potential. He is interested in learning about our views on life after
death. He had a ton of great questions but we didn't have enough time
to address all of them. He even gave us a referral for his roommate,
who we met the next day and he was pretty nice.

Oh Just a little shout out about my comp! She and my trainer were mtc
comps and I think she is just the most awesomest person ever. We
already are having a wonderful time laughing and telling stories and
working super hard. I feel like she pushes me to be a better
missionary in the best way possible. She is so sweet and caring and
just what I need right now!

I have decided that I want to improve myself... like a lot! So to be
able to do this I am picking a goal each day and working my hardest to
accomplish it... The first day was to hand out 10 cards to people... I
got 8! :) Second day was to be bold and tell someone that I know the
Book of Mormon can change their life! Did it, and the man even took a
Book of Mormon, though he was not exactly ready to meet with us... at
least he has the book! Today's goal is to make sure that those who I
talk to I make sure to mention the restoration!

When you come out on a mission you are so excited to share the gospel,
but it seems the longer you are out you begin to loose a little of
that zest. The new missionary in the ward is reminding me of what I
was like... Super bold and ready to tell everyone about the church.
Now I am a little hesitant and sometimes as I see people I let fear
rule and not my faith. So my overall goal for this transfer is to not
let fear make my decisions. So far I feel like I am improving!

Oh CONFERENCE!!!
If you loved conference raise your hand (I'm raising mine!!!!!!)

I loved Elder Hollands talk. It is so true, people not only want a God
who doesn't rock the boat, but they want a God who doesn't even row
it.
I have seen this so much here in the south... there are
non-denominational churches.... WHAT? It shows how people are just
making up things that they want and not really doing the Lords will
which will really make them happy.

I have been pondering on how if we were always only doing the things
that we would like it would be detrimental to us. I like to eat, if I
ate all the time I would be way over weight. I like to sleep, if I
slept all the time, I would be depressed. I like to watch t.v., If I
were to watch t.v. all the time I would be lethargic and I wouldn't be
doing my Heavenly Fathers will.
We really do have to fight against our natural man so that we can
become more like our Savior and return to live with our Heavenly
Father.

There were so many things that I loved, but what about you? What were
your favorite parts?
Oh I also like when Elder Ballard talked about the members studying
preach my gospel and then talking to their missionaries through
letters and e-mails about the things that they are learning and how
much power this would bring to all of us. Also I loved that he called
out everyone to invite people to learn from the missionaries 4 times a
year.... I wan't everyone to pay attention to the fact that he didn't
say everyone except those who live in Utah. Nonmembers do exists there
and its up to you to help them!!! So what's your game plan?

Just like I'm stepping up my game I challenge all of you to step up
yours and let's be tools in the Lords hands so that we can see the
miracles he is waiting to perform!

Well I love ya'll a ton!!

Have the bestest week ever!!

Love,
Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment