background

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The things I have learned...

Hey Ya'll!
I'm staying here in Mandarin and getting a new companion!!!
I am also in a car share... :/ But I have stewardship over the car!! :)
We will probably all pitch in to get some bikes or something to get around.
I am excited to have another set of sisters in this ward. That makes 6
sisters 2 Elders. 1 crazy ward mission leader.
But as far as this week goes I would like to announce that this was
the best week of mail yet! Thanks to all those who participated.
Cute letters from my nephews, letters from friends, and sistas. LOVED IT!
HINT HINT

Now that we have that out of the way...
 This week we had two trade offs.
One day I went with sister Ashcraft. We stayed in our ward, but worked
in a different area. We met an awesome guy who is a Brazilian ju jitsu
fighter. He also teaches a family in our ward, so he already has built
in fellowship.

I also went to the Hendricks area with Sister Heckle and met some
pretty crazy people. It was neat to say the least.

My big Easter project is picking up momentum! In 17 days we will be
showing the Messiah and having a picture gallery of Jesus Christ. This
week a big sign is being made up, and an announcement is going in the
paper, so hopefully we draw a big crowd!

UM.... I can't think of what else we did.
The past days we have been heart attacking people we love as a way for
sister Toledo to say goodbye. She is going to Georgia.

On Sunday there was a cool fireside where they played memory with
pictures of people currently and when they were on their missions.
That was neat. Also all the youth got to open up fake mission calls.
It was fun to see them all get excited to go out and serve a mission.

Yesterday we met with two investigators. We invited both of them to
come to conference this week. The one from Colombia for some reason
thinks that Jesus will be speaking. She is sweet, but kind of crazy.
She always talks about her fear of the Devil, which is not my cup of
tea, but hey I don't drink tea.
Either way she want's to go to conference so I guess that is a win!

OH!!! MY IPAD got wiped clean... which means all the missionary apps
were removed and then my IPAD was all worldly... yuck. So today I got
a new one. And by new I mean used by a missionary who went home. He
left the pictures of his nephew on here though... we thought it was a
sisters Ipad because the screen saver was a little baby.


This week will be a busy week getting everyone squared away, and
figuring out how to share a car... I'm not really great at sharing,
and The Lord knew that so he is making me work on it. Hopefully I
learn something.

Though these past  2 transfers have been my hardest, I think i have
learned the most about myself, and also other really important lessons
that will help me in life.

1. I have learned how to care for others more, and try to really
understand why they do the things that they do.
2. Patience. Sometimes you have to just let people do the wrong
things, even when you know its wrong. It ends up being the best way
for them to learn.
3. Forgiveness. He is a fool who takes offense when none was meant. He
is an even bigger fool who takes offense when it was meant.
The greater sin is in not forgiving.
4. We have to have the downs to appreciate the ups. This was the
roughest companionship with some of the greatest rewards... Mike and
Nicol!!!
5. Prayer is the best remedy for anything!!!

My testimony is stronger now, and my relationship with my Heavenly
Father is stronger. I don't think I would have traded in these hard
times for anything... they have made me stronger.

Tough things don't last.... Tough people do!

Well there are going to be a lot of changes to get used to this
transfer. My new comp will be sister Shumway, from Cottonwood Heights.
We have a new District leader, zone leader, and assistant to the president.
And a lot of sisters loosing cars... :/

I'm excited. I just know this is going to be good!!!

I love ya'll!
Hope ya have a great conference weekend!


Love,
Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment