background

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

BRILLIANT!

I have heard some brilliant ideas when it comes to serving as a sister missionary and thought that I should share with the inter-webs!

If you are serving a mission as well these might just be note worthy!

1. Alligator clips!
These things are a gem if you are in a biking mission. They are typically used in wood work or handyman jobs but work great at clamping a skirt together.If you don't want to get an actual alligator clip I hear that if you break off the clampy part of a skirt hanger you can use that just as well!

2.Golf balls!
Want to save your delicate little knuckles from knocking on all those hard doors? Take it out on the golf ball instead! (I'm not sure how helpful this will be since there is more of a push for referrals and less door knocking.)

3. Smaller portions!
I'm headed down South and you know they love their Southern comfort food! I'm pretty positive that I will love it too, but I'm afraid that I might gain some weight while I'm out there. So the tip is to take smaller portions, you know they will offer you seconds, and you may feel rude to not accept, so initially take less than you really want to eat so you can be polite and take a little more a little later!

4.Address papers!
Before your  farewell make handouts with your MTC address and your mission home address. This way people can take them home, hang them up, and know where to find your address. You can also pass around a notebook for people to write their addresses in so that you can write them as well!

5. Lanyards
My best friend roommate who was just recently in the MTC said that you will really want a lanyard when you are at the MTC because you have a card to get into everywhere, and it's nice to have it readily available.

6. Wax!
I am trying to think of ways to shave off some time from my usual routine so that I can live missionary standards. One thing I thought of was waxing my legs on P days, then I won't have to shave for two weeks. I have a Sally Hansen strip-less wax kit that is very light and small, perfect for traveling. You can also buy refill packs!

Well those are all I can think of off the top of my head, if you know of any other lovely gems just comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment