background

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

While at the Laundry mat!

So I leave tomorrow for the MTC!!! I wanted to begin packing on Sunday but ran into the problem of having our washing machine break. I was like..."wow Satan, you really think you will stop me by breaking the washing machine? ha nope!"

On Monday morning my mother and I went to the laundry mat to wash all the clothes I will be taking on my mission. Who did we happen to run into while we were there? Oh none other than the sister missionaries in my area! I was so excited to see them. We had the normal conversation that occurs between people who are/will be serving.

Me: I'm serving a mission too! I head out to the MTC on Wednesday!

Them: Oh how exciting! Where are you going?

Me: I will be serving in Jacksonville Florida!

Them: That's great, you will love serving a mission!

Me: Thanks! Where are you guys from?

Them: Texas... California

Me: Do you guys like it here so far?

Them: Yes, it's Wonderful! Serving a mission is the best! You will absolutely love it!

Eventually we say our good byes and they take off.


Me and my Madre where waiting for our laundry to finish up when a little old man comes and asks my Mom a question. I'm not sure what he asked her but my mom noticed his angel Moroni tie clip and we eventually got on the subject of my mission again.

This sweet old man asked me if he could give me some advice, I said of course! I will take all I can get!

He proceeded to tell me about the power and importance of prayer. He told me to always pray for my investigators by name, and ask them to pray for me by name. He stated that after one week of both of us praying for each other our hearts would be softened towards one another, and they would become more receptive to the spirit teaching them.

He also stressed the importance of praying for my companion (whether it be mission companion or eternal companion) by name everyday, and asking them to pray for me by name as well. He said that nothing else could help draw both of you together and unto Christ as much as praying for each other by name, everyday.

He bore his witness of prayers power and wished me the best of luck on my mission.

It was so profound the way that he stated it and I was a little in shock that all of this could happen in a laundry mat, just because my washing machine broke down...

I guess the Lord really works in mysterious ways. Another lesson to learn from this though is that we should never shrug off promptings, if this old man shrugged off the impression to talk to us, I wouldn't have heard those words of council that I really needed.

Well wish me luck finishing up my packing!!!

Good Luck!

Love,
Afton (soon to be sister) Chambers!

No comments:

Post a Comment