background

Monday, November 4, 2013

Now into November!

So we found 6 investigators this week!!! AWESOME! That is the most I have found in one week! Some may not be baptized but I know that others will!
I'll tell ya about a few of them...

One is named William, we tracted all of Halloween because we didn't really have much time to work any way (seeing that we had to be inside at 6pm). 
We started talking to him about Jesus Christ and the Church that he established and how it was corrupted, when the man began to interrupt us and told us that he was Catholic, and I said oh really? Good strong belief in Jesus Christ? He said well... I am actually not really into church now. I don't like how all churches are just becoming businesses. 
DING! 
That's when me and my companion pounced, telling him about how our clergy isn't paid and how we don't believe in church being a business.
He then talked about how he wanted to really see a church serving others. He said like in Haiti, when the Earth quake hit, I wish I just saw people from a church there helping others out and just giving them food.
My companion was quick on her feet and told about a man from her ward who actually flew to Haiti to help out and how our church was actually the first on the scene, flying their own plane there. 

The man was really interested. We proceeded to tell him about the restoration of the Church, gave him a book of Mormon and told him about how it is evidence that the Church was restored, and that Joseph Smith was a prophet. We were about to invite him to read the intro, and a chapter or two when he said yeah I'll read that in two weeks. We were  kind of confused then he realized he was saying he would read the whole book in two weeks!!!! AAAHHAHAHAH!!! GOLDEN GATOR!
We said a prayer with him and we will be heading back on Thursday with one of our ward missionaries. It's going to be awesome!

So on Friday this week we had a conference with a member of the 70 named Elder Zwick, he was very awesome and super spiritually uplifting. He rebuked us, but in a way that made us want to be better missionaries, and then he gave us tips and tricks to empower us even further to be the best missionaries that we could be. 
We heard from him, his wife, our Mission President and his wife, ate lunch, then listened to them some more. That put us at about 4pm. We had a fireside for all the stake presidencies, bishoprics, ward missionaries, auxiliary leaders and so forth at 7 that night so they wanted us (the gainesville zone) to take some other missionaries from other zones (ocala, and lake city) out to tract with us for an hour, then grab something to eat. 
We took two other sets of sisters with us to an area that was close by and just began knocking. Only three people opened their doors for us, but everyone became an investigator. They listened to our message about the restoration, accepted a book of mormon, set a return date and let us leave them with a word of prayer. 

WAHOO! :)

We did go back and see one of them, he said that he doesn't think this is the path that God wants him to follow right now, but that's ok. We will just get him later. A seed planted. 

So that leads us to Sunday. Last week we got a call from our bishop saying he had a new investigator for us. We got ahold of them and set up a time to meet with them yesterday after church. 
The guys name is Dillion, and his fiancé is marissa. Marissa is a member and the two of them will be married in January by our Bishop.
So we talked with them for a bit, found out he had received some of the lessons before but had felt too pressured to be baptized so he stopped investigating until now. 
He wants to know more about the teachings of the church, so we will be teaching more about the gospel of Jesus Christ next week. He is going to read a chapter of the Book of Mormon and said that they would be at church on Sunday!!! :)

AWESOME!

We talked a ton about how if they build their marriage on Jesus Christ it will not falter or fail. We shared with them the scripture Helaman 5:12 and just applied it to marriage. I think they are really excited to be married, and I think she is really excited that he is willing to listen and investigate the church again. We will meet with them next Sunday and I am really really excited.

We are seeing some awesome miracles here! I was having a hard time a little bit ago to keep pushing myself, I knew I was having a trial of my faith, but after the trial comes the miracles in full force!!! :)

Something that I liked that was said at our conference was that Hard things are not bad, they are just hard.

I know that! I know that as we push through our challenges and plead with our Heavenly Father for help, he will help us. He will bless us and strengthen us to overcome the challenges. He never makes our challenges lighter or easier, just strengthens us to be able to endure them and become even stronger from them.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!
I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!
I LOVE FLORIDA!

I can't believe we are half way through another transfer. Our next transfer will be the day before Thanksgiving. YIKES! If I leave I don't know what I will be doing for Thanksgiving, but I know it will be awesome!

Oh also our ward fasted and prayed for missionary opportunities this week. I know that there will be a huge amount of opportunities coming to them, and eventually to us ;)

Well now I am just kind of rambling on. 
I hoped all Ya'll had a great and wonderful week, and that you are keeping your eyes open for missionary opportunities as well! 

Love ya'll!

Rock hard,
Rock on!

Love,
Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment