background

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mango Mac n cheese


hello to all the people I know

So Yesterday I had some great Mango mac n cheese. I was kinda nervous
to try it, but now I am a big fan and will have to make ya'll some
when I get home! :) I also had dolphin, doesn't make me too happy...
but they said it was an ugly dolphin. ?

This week was good...

Highlights include:
Finding Wild Blackberries,
3 investigators at church,
Zone conference,
Chinchilla,
and 2 parties!

The 3 investigators that we had at church was such a miracle. One day
we were going to go pick up something from a member, who happened to
not be there, so we turned around and were walking back. Along the way
we met a man walking his dog. Well he had a giant tattoo on the back
of his leg with 4 nails making a cross, so I asked him about it. Turns
out he loves Jesus. Also turns out that he and his sister are church
shopping currently. We invited them to come to our church. He said
hmm, ya know what my sister was just saying the other day that we
should try a local church. :) We got his contact info and he and his
sister did come to church! They sat behind us, and then our gator with
a baptism date came in late and sat down next to us. After the
sacrament our bap gator turned around and freaked out. The sister was
her music teacher in Middle school, how neat! So we invited her to the
baptism, and I'm pretty sure they are coming. Church was pretty great
because it was a missionaries farewell, he is going to Australia
speaking mandarin, so the whole day was mission themed, and the gators
have a few questions to ask us so we are going back! :) Miracles do
happen!

Zone conference was wonderful! We focused on a talk entitled the
consecrated missionary. It was neat because I don't ever remember
reading it officially, but many things stood out to me like I had just
read them recently. The talk was very straight forward about how we
need to really do our best and be exactly obedient, why? Because we
love The Lord. This has stuck in my head whenever the natural man
tends to ask why we are doing something. Any who, I loved conference
and being able to hear from our leaders and get ideas about how to
better help our investigators. Our focus right now is GENEALOGY.
President feels like this will be a huge thing that we can do with
people so that they can feel the spirit of Elijah, and their hearts
can be softened so they will be open to receiving the gospel
themselves. Actually that is how our investigator decided to be
baptized. We taught the plan of salvation and told her about spirit
paradise and prison and how all our ancestors who where not baptized
wait there for us to be baptized for them. BUT in order to be baptized
for them we must be baptized ourselves. Well that is when she knew
that she had to be baptized, so that she could help her family. It
just makes me so happy.

Chinchilla! One of our new investigators has a chinchilla, and I got
to hold it! Man that thing was so soft! I was kind of nervous to hold
it because it just looks like a hybrid of a rat and a rabbit, but it
ended up being pretty friendly. Pictures to come.
But our new investigators love learning about the church. We taught
the plan of salvation and they just soaked it up like little sponges!
Hopefully they will be able to come to church this week.

Parties! We went to two of them this week. One with all the people who
live in our area of the ward, and the other with the young women. They
are selling lumpia, which is like egg rolls, for their camp
fundraiser. We went over with our gator to help make them. The young
women are so amazing. I'm grateful that I have spent more than half of
my mission in young womens with an investigator.

Oh also yesterday we had 2 less actives at church. One had her baby
blessed and the other is trying to come more regularly, which is just
blessed!

Well I feel like time between p-days is just getting shorter and
shorter. Didn't I just write ya'll last week. Time is flying by!

I love ya'll and hope that you are having a great Memorial Day!
Love,
Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment