background

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

yellow flies and yucky guys


Dear family and friends 
I hope you have had a wonderful week here is my adventure for this past week
So I have discovered a new insect, Yellow flies. They are
horrible. They follow you around and bite you and are just not very
nice. We accidentally walked into a group of them and they stayed with
us all the way home, which was about a mile from where we ran into
them.
The yucky guys part come from the ward members. Saturday night there
was a relief society event, a pintrest party, and everyone had their
phones out showing me pictures of different guys they want me to
marry. I don't think I will have any problems finding a date when I get home.
Any who this week has been interesting. Actually pretty hard. We had 2
nearly 3 people drop us this week and our investigator who was
supposed to be baptized called it off. BUT good news is she is still
investigating, and now the ward wants to get more involved to help her
get to her baptism.
With all these tough things happening I realized that something
wonderful MUST be coming our way, or else our faith wouldn't need
testing right now. :)
But on the plus side...
It was fun to see all the pictures of graduation this week, congrats to ALEX!

Not too much happened this week that is note worthy. Oh we did go to a
priesthood training meeting on Saturday, and it was strange to be in a
sea of white shirts. But they fed us pancakes, with ice cream on top,
so it was totally worth it.

One thing we are focusing on is family history. There is a sister here
who had to go home early because of health problems but has been able
to come back out, any who she said that the only thing she could do to
stay in the missionary mindset and feeling was to do family History.
One thing that I didn't realize that we could do is upload stories and
photos of our ancestors. I know that we have some lying around
somewhere, we need to get them into the system so I can show others
where I come from :)
It's amazing how quickly Family History softens the hearts of all
those around us. It's like magic.

Well, running out of things to say. Hope ya'll have a great start to
your summer! Love ya!

Love,
Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment